It’s that time again: our call for proposals (CFP) for MozFest 2022 is officially open!
We’re delighted to kick off this year’s CFP support program. We hope you will consider submitting a proposal for MozFest.
You can also join our amazing community of activists, AI builders, artists, civil society actors, developers, digital literacy educators, journalists, librarians, organizers, policy makers, researchers, scholars, scientists, youth leaders (and more) on the MozFest community Slack to connect with communities and individuals like you who are dedicated to internet health and trustworthy AI..
As part of your CFP submission, you can also ask for accessibility support, support related to technical issues, and support delivering your session in a preferred language. The CFP opens on Monday, 11 October 2021, and closes on Friday, 5 November 2021.
We want to help you submit an amazing proposal for MozFest 2022. To that end, we’re offering a number of different kinds of CFP support ahead of MozFest 2022.
In October, we’ll host a number of ask-me-anything (AMA) chats on the MozFest community Slack to answer all of your general questions about the festival and our CFP process.
- Tuesday, 12 October 2021, at 9 AM PT / 12 PM ET / 8 PM BST / 9 PM CEST /00:30 PM IST (next day)
- Tuesday, 26 October, at 5 AM PT / 8 AM ET / 1 PM BST / 2 PM CEST / 5:30 PM IST
Remember to join the Slack and our #mozfest-ama channel to participate!
In December, you can also visit a revised Facilitator guide for MozFest 2022. The Facilitator guide offers an in-depth account of the Facilitator experience including more comprehensive timelines of the facilitation process and a FAQ.
Throughout October, we’ll convene community calls that will help you understand:
- The participatory, accessible, and inclusive nature of MozFest sessions.
- The many different audiences that attend MozFest.
- What makes a session proposal stand out from the rest for MozFest.
You can register for a call that works for you using the links below.
- Call 1 - Thursday, 14 October 2021, at 5 AM PT / 8 AM ET / 1 PM BST / 2 PM CEST / 5:30 PM IST
- Call 2 - Thursday, 14 October 2021, at 9 AM PT / 12 PM ET / 5 PM BST / 6 PM CEST / 9:30 PM IST
- Call 3 - Tuesday, 19 October 2021, at 5 AM PT / 8 AM ET / 1 PM BST / 2 PM CEST / 5:30 PM
- Call 4 - Tuesday, 19 October 2021, at 12 PM PT / 3 PM ET / 8 PM BST / 9 PM CEST / 00:30 PM IST (next day)
- Call 5 - Thursday, 21 October 2021, at 5 AM PT / 8 AM ET / 1 PM BST / 2 PM CEST / 5:30 PM IST
- Call 6 - Thursday, 21 October 2021, at 9 AM PT / 12 PM ET / 5 PM BST / 6 PM CEST / 9:30 PM IST
- Call 7 - Wednesday, 27 October 2021, at 9 AM PT / 12 PM ET / 5 PM BST / 6 PM CEST / 9:30 PM IST
- Call 8 - Wednesday, 27 October 2021, at 1 PM PT / 4 PM ET / 9 PM BST / 10 PM CEST / 1:30 AM IST (next day)
- Call 9 - Thursday, 4 November 2021, at 5 AM PT / 8 AM ET / 12 PM BT / 1 PM CET / 5:30 PM IST Please note the time change for BT and CET.
- Call 10 - Thursday, 4 November, 2021 at 12 PM PT / 3 PM ET / 7 PM BT / 8 PM CET / 00:30 PM IST (next day) Please note the time change for BT and CET.
We’ll make a recording of a call available and share it on the MozFest community Slack before the CFP closes, as well.
Whether or not you can attend an AMA or CFP support call, you can also sign up for a 1:1 feedback session with MozFest Facilitator coach Chad Sansing. You can ping Chad on the MozFest community Slack (chadsansing), email him to arrange a call, or sign up for a 30-minute CFP coaching appointment on his calendar to review your proposal before the CFP deadline.
If you’d like to learn more about what makes for an awesome MozFest session proposal, check out the resources below:
- Learn more about MozFest 2022.
- Check out this Facilitator’s perspective on MozFest.
- Consider this advice from a Wrangler (one of our community organizers).
- Check out these recordings from 2021.
- Check out this round-up of highlights from 2019.
- Check out MozFest 101 and these 5 tips for designing engaging, inclusive sessions from MozFest 2021.
- Review these accepted sessions from MozFest 2018 on GitHub.
Review these accepted sessions from MozFest 2017 on GitHub.
To keep up with the latest news from the MozFest team in general, subscribe to our newsletter, follow MozFest on Twitter, and join us on LinkedIn. Remember that you can also join the MozFest community Slack to meet other people contributing to the internet health and TAI movements.
Thank you so much for your interest in submitting a proposal for MozFest 2022! We know that the festival depends on community members like you to facilitate all the amazing sessions that help keep us connected with each other and engaged with internet health and trustworthy AI projects throughout the year.